The Dianna Pelletier Resiliency Scholarship Fund
for Undergraduate Students
Dianna Pelletier had a tremendous love for students and a strong desire to see them succeed. With that love she served the CSUSB student body for over 40 years. Dianna dedicated her life to serving and helping students turn their academic life from one of failure and disappointment to graduation and success. She passed away in October 2012 after years of battling with cancer. Those who knew Dianna would vouch for the fact that CSUSB was her extended family and it is in Dianna's memory that we continue to serve our students by offering the Dianna J. Pelletier Resiliency Scholarship.
The Dianna J. Pelletier Resiliency Scholarship has been created to provide a financial incentive to CSUSB undergraduate students who have been placed on academic probation or subject to disqualification from the university. Qualifying students will receive awards ranging from $200 to $1000. The amount of the award will be determined by the need of the student and the funds available.
*Priority will be given to students who are not receiving financial aid and are working in order to pay for their education.
"I'm doing this for a better future for myself and future generations."
- Estefany Gomez, W. 2012
- Be a matriculated CSUSB undergraduate student on an Administrative Probation Contract.
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 10 units applying toward graduation units.
- Earn a minimum 3.2 GPA for a specific quarter.
- Once fulfilling requirements #1 through #3, an application form (picked up in UH-380) and an essay explaining “Your Resiliency” must be completed and turned in to UH-380 by the student by the deadline.
- Students receiving financial aid can apply, however, if selected, the scholarship award notification will be provided to the Financial Aid office which may or may not reduce the student's financial aid package.
"... I knew what I was capable of achieving and most importantly, I knew that no matter how long it would take, I would not give up on my dream."
- Jorge Esquivel, W. 2012
- Campus-wide solicitation - Individual administrators, faculty and staff.
- Alumni who had been on probation or disqualification when they were a student and are interested in helping others.
- Having The Dianna J. Pelletier Resiliency Scholarship Fund listed on MissionFish as a non-profit organization for individuals wishing to contribute to this purpose.
- Fundraising through on-campus sales and eBay on-line auctions via MissionFish.
- Seek grants from other nonprofit foundations or organizations.
All donations are welcome and tax-deductible. Send contribution payable to The CSUSB Philanthropic Foundation designating the amount go to The Dianna J. Pelletier Resiliency Fund, Acct# P308540. – 5500 University Pkwy, San Bernardino, CA. 92407
Make an online gift via the Office of Development website. Select Other from the drop-down menu designating the amount go to The Dianna J. Pelletier Resiliency Scholarship Fund.
"Upon my release (from the hospital), I had an epiphany; if I don't get my life and my priorities on track, I'm never going to be healthy and finish my degree."
- Parri Gareau, F. 2011
"It is no longer acceptable to me to be locked into a dead-end job that serves only as a means to barely pay the bills each month."
- Thomas Fuentes, F. 2011